Electronic maps existed only for parts of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and solutions for efficient distribution were not established.
Maria Lodin together with our Bosnian and CILAP project partners
Speeding up the preparation of electronic maps was needed to support the on-going registration of real estate. This project established a solution for the conversion, storage and distribution of geographic data from the two mapping agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The aim of the project was to improve capacities of the state administration partners for the preparation, storage and dissemination of geographic information in order to improve real estate registration and to improve the access to geographic information. We believe that increased property transaction and a well-developed property market will contribute to economic and social development of Bosnia and Herzegovina and accession to the EU.
Establishing a digital archive for the two mapping agencies in Bosnia and Herzegovina is happening in close cooperation with the World Bank and Sweden's Lantmäteriet, who also have projects with the two cadastre and mapping agencies: Lantmäteriet's "Capacity Building for Improvement of Land Administration and Procedures in Bosnia and Herzegovina" (CILAP) project and The World Bank's 'Real Estate Registration project '. The projects were harmonised in order to avoid overlap and to maximise benefits.
The project consisted of the following key activities:
- Development of IT strategies
- Development of one document describing the Digital Archive System Architecture with workflow management and technical specifications for hardware and software to support the conversion and safe storage of data and maps in paper form to digital form, including a solution for registration of related metadata prepared according to international standards and the EU Inspire Directive.
- Acquisition and installation of the hardware and software
- Test production/ Pilot project
The Norwegian Mapping Authority acted as tender and contractual party for all acquisitions, performed payments and delivered financial reports, assisted the partners with quality control of deliveries, performed training and transfer of knowledge, and participated in the Steering Board.
- Project title: Public services for the real estate market and European integration
- Budget: 8.6 million NOK
- Project period: 2012 - 2017
- Project partners: The Administration for Geodetic and Real Property Affairs of the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina, and the Administration for Geodetic and Real Property Affairs of the Republika Srpska
- Project leader: Maria Lodin